We are excited to announce our 2014 Lions Christmas Parade will be on Saturday, December 6 beginning at 10 am! We would love to have your organization enter. The online application will go live on September 1 around 10 in the morning so be sure to apply early. Below is a summary of the key info for this year’s event.
December 6, 2014
Join us for our annual Christmas Parade, sponsored by the Covington Lions Club and Main Street Covington. We are looking forward to another great event.
Here are some of the key changes:
- This year we will have a $20 entry fee with ALL of the money going to local Covington and Newton County charities. 100% of the money will stay in our community. After you register online, we will send you a confirmation number and the complete information on where to send your entry fee.
- Start time is 10:00 am (last year it was at 10:30 am)
- Entrants CANNOT throw candy or favors from floats – this is a huge safety concern and will be strictly enforced. We do not want anyone dashing into the street to pick up candy.
- Horse entries must have bun bags / diapers OR provide a walker with clean up supplies for the entire parade route. Last year this was an issue for the city clean up crews so let’s help them out.
- The number of entries is again limited to 100,
- ONLINE registration only – NO paper applications available
- The cut-off deadline for entries is November 22, 2014 OR when we reach 100 entries, whichever comes first! Last year we hit our maximum number in mid October so apply early please.
- We will be using First-In First-Out lineup like last year – when you arrive with your completed float we will place you in line.
- Judging categories are slightly modified and adhering to the theme will be strongly considered for judging. All floats are encouraged to provide music on their entries.
This year’s theme is “Songs of the Season”.
Here is this year’s (2014) Parade Brochure with LOTS of important information – Read this first please!!!
Beginning September 1 this is where you will find the Covington Lions Club 2014 Christmas Parade Application.
Questions? Send us a message on our Contact Us page, or email email@example.com